Saturday, April 28, 2007

scrambling to finish & pack...

I haven't been very good at communicating lately, so here's a quick update.

It's Sunday afternoon, I'm working in panic mode to get a project finished up by tonight. Still doing modelling and need to finish figures, tables and the report before I go (I've worked way too many hours this week and will hopefully sleep tonight). This project was supposed to be done in February, but...

But it's worth it because I'm headed to Peru / Bolivia tomorrow (Monday) morning (getting a ride to the airport at 6:30AM). I fly into Lima at 12:30AM the next day and Mel flies in at 12:35AM. I planned it this way because one of us speaks Spanish and the other doesn't. HINT: I live in the Mission here in SF, which is 2/3 Mexican, but the only thing I know about Spanish is how to ask for dos cerveza.

Lisette & Paul were in from LA this weekend and they just picked me up for a quick REI trip where I helped the economy by dropping $480 on stuff. Really just stuff. Nothing too exciting. A pair of $100 sandals, a pair of pants, a couple shirts, and dozen or so little things I grabbed off the shelf. And the $480 was after a $60 membership thingy. Good thing I don't go to often.

I'll be back in SF on May 22. Your guess is as good as mine as to what I'm doing then. I might be going to Florida for a few weeks of field work, but I haven't had this confirmed. And I've put my name in for some work in Mumbai, India, but have no idea about this or even when the work starts (they're looking for 6 month to 5 year placements and I don't exactly fit the bill, but who knows). If I get back and there's no great work that calls to me (there's always work) I'll either stick around SF and work or go see the family in Winnipeg or...? Or not come back from Peru :) I have a wedding near Toronto in mid July so tentative plan is to be in Montreal late June / early July.

Also giving serious thought to spending August in London / Paris (sister & kids are going to be there and I'll join up with them). I've talked with the London office about getting work in the London office and I was supposed to push on that this past week but have been too busy. So maybe it will just be a vacation.

Anyway, that's a bit of a brain dump from me while the model deletes river nodes (that's geeky computer talk for my computer is grinding away... just ignore me...).

No comments: