Sunday, April 01, 2007

sunny california

Just a quick update post. I have to do this because I've gotten a couple phone calls lately from people thinking I was in Montreal (EST). And I'm in San Francisco (PST). So getting pre-8AM phone calls is brutal :) Actually, for some sad reason this Sunday morning, I was actually awake to take the call... what's up with that??

So I have a few safety courses and annual medical for work that all must be done in April. So I convinced the company to fly me down. And I figured since I was coming down, may as well stay for the month. So I got down on Wednesday and have been having fun since (Sam is responsible for taking me to an open bar private event on Thursday night and causing severe damage; the croquet picnic with kegs in Dolores Park was my own doing). Unfortunately this next week is going to be painful with work - I've got a few hours to do today (Sunday) even :(

Just to put it out there... the plan for the next few weeks... heading up to Redding tonight or tomorrow morning to finish the Kitchener office modelling work that I've been working on (and struggling with) for a couple months now. Then back to SF (a friend is out of town and I'll be making good use of his apartment). Then down to LA for a week (another friend out of town). Then back to SF and back staying at Miriam's place (they have a separate suite in the basement that is absolutely sweet!) and other friends (I nearly subletted a place for $1000, but with a couple friends out of town and some travel, I'm hoping I can be cheap and still comfortable without being too imposing on friends). And there's talk of a trip to Peru in May that may or may not happen and may or may not leave directly from SF. That's as precise as it is right now - plans as always may and likely will change.

Okay, busy day... I must go book my LA ticket (which might involve me having to go to the airport to use a voucher), get a rental car for the trip to Redding (and climbing next weekend), do a few hours work and drive to Redding (3hrs) today. So what that means is... I'm now going to a coffee shop to have a bagel, coffee and read the news paper. Why do now what you can do later? :)

No comments: